It’s been a long winter, and there have been so many demands made on your time this year, you feel washed out and more than ready to have your battery recharged.
How can you accomplish this? You have a need to be incommunicado for a week or so without phone calls, irksome texts or emails and above all leave your responsibilities in someone else’s hands and completely unwind.
Your partner desperately needs some regeneration and pampering too. You’ve ruled out lengthy international flights with dodgy connections, and the associated accommodation hassles, this is hardly relaxing!
Then you hear a whisper about a Pacific island cruise – not just an ordinary cruise, you know the usual type, a huge floating hotel with another thousand or so shipmates – but a small luxurious island hopping cruiser that caters for just a few like-minded adventurers discovering the little-known islands and bays of sun-drenched places such as Vanuatu and the lovely island kingdom of Tonga.
Discover the advantages of small ship cruising
• The minute you step off the plane you will find yourself in a warm tropical paradise far away from the maddening crowds where you are welcomed by a friendly crew and transferred to your floating holiday hotel.
• Your classy stateroom will be ready and waiting with your own private bathroom and shower that includes a range of toiletries. With individual climate control, doors that open out on to spacious deck and views over the crystal clear waters, you definitely won’t have any need for the television set and video entertainment program (but it’s there anyway – just in case)!
• Dining on a small luxury cruise ship is a magnificent affair. The clean Pacific air will stimulate your appetite for the delicious gourmet meals prepared by some of the best chefs in the world who use the fresh local produce and seafood to present you with gastronomic delights, all served with a selection of fine wines; alfresco dining is usually the norm to take advantage of the balmy evenings.
• Your ship will set sail to explore some of the most idyllic little islands and coves the world has to offer. To further investigate places of interest a landing craft is provided and for the more intrepid, sea kayaks are great fun
• Try snorkeling over the coral reefs, swim at the deserted white sand beaches or take a long walk through lush tropical vegetation. The fishing in the islands can be spectacular with your chance to try for a trophy fish. Tuna, mahi mahi and wahoo are often landed and then prepared in a delicious manner by the chef
• Meet the smiling local villagers whose lifestyle is largely unspoiled by tourists who will often perform impromptu local cultural dances and ceremonies, and if you are exceptionally lucky, the chief will invite you to take kava with him
The choice is yours – to do as little or as much as you like – take part in all the onboard or water activities provided or just lie back in perfect peace on the sun-deck with a tropical fruit cocktail and dream your cares away.
These luxury cruises have a fully trained crew who are dedicated to making your holiday enjoyable and relaxing from embarkation to departure.